Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meal plan through 11/17

OK, Josh & I just reworked the budget, & I'm in charge of the grocery money, because I think that will motivate me to plan meals. Previously, I didn't carry (or spend) any money at all. Here's my attempt:

Monday: Chicken sandwiches & potatoes
Tuesday: Spaghetti & meatballs (Meatballs in the freezer!)
Wednesday: Baked tilapia & green beans
Thursday: Grilled cheese & tomato soup
Friday: Breakfast
Saturday: Pizza pasta casserole (in the freezer!)
Sunday: Tacos & refried beans (Made this Wednesday instead)
Monday: Dinner with the small group

What're ya'll making for Thanksgiving? Anything?

6 comments:

ashley said...

I think Paul is making his famous pumpkin pie.

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

ya'll? You mean hoosiers can SAY that? WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME THAT. Srsly.

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

oh, and i think ashley established the correct spelling is y'all. makes sense, y'all.

ashley said...

Actually, Joanna, I thought you were the one who got on me about the correct spelling of y'all. And then I researched it myself and seems that general consensus agrees, though you still commonly see it as ya'll. Firefox is telling me that y'all is the correct spelling though.

And Joanna is only pseudo-Hoosier since she was born in Atlanta. :-)

Joanna said...

Yes, I am a psuedo-Hoosier, so I can say "y'all" but I spell it wrong.

"Y'all" is the correct spelling of the contraction "you all". "Ya'll" as a contraction seems to imply "You will" ("you'll") in a hick-ish sort of way.

There's my dissertation on incorrect English for today, and I ain't got nothin' else to say about that.

As for Thanksgiving, we THINK we're eating with Josh's family, but officially have no plans, so I don't know what I'm making.

I really need to get on a mailing list for comments to my own post!

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

:-) Thank you. I like your explanation, though I am (understandably) upset that I am left without excuse to say "y'all" OR "ya'll". I hope we have southern accents in Heaven. That is all.

The plan is to have Thanksgiving with my mom and her family, but now her health is an issue, and she hasn't told us whether she wants us to still come or not...