- Think up potluck ideas & make shopping list
- Cook dinner for us & friends tonight (pizza- made the dough on Tuesday)
- Vacuum
- Finish laundry
- Check & pick tomatoes
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A recipe/menu/housekeeping goals blog designed to keep us organized and accountable, so we can be good stewards of our blessings.
2 comments:
Hey! I'd love to make and store pizza dough in advance. What's your advice?
I used to take a Saturday morning & use this recipe, with some modification, to makes 6 crusts at once, and freeze them (because who needs 6 crusts at once?!). This time, I used the Joy of Cooking recipe (which makes 2 crusts). It was surprisingly simple, and everyone liked it (Josh-the-former-Pizza-Hut-employee said it was almost as good as a pizza place's crust!). I'll post it on my food blog when I'm home.
Basically, to keep the pizza dough, I put it in the fridge (or freezer, for longer-term storage). In the fridge, it continues to (slowly) rise, but it didn't seem to be a big deal, for the two days it was in there. It is best if you take it out of the refrigerator about an hour before you're planning on making the pizza (or calzones or whatever) so it comes to room temperature. Otherwise, it won't stretch and shape very easily.
Another tip: because I discovered a while ago I liked experimenting with baking & bread-making, I bought yeast in a jar rather than the little packets. It keeps in the refrigerator, and I don't waste as much- because some recipes don't call for exactly one packet, I was measuring out what I needed & throwing the rest of the packet away. Now I have a place to store plenty of yeast, and can use it as I need it.
Post a Comment